Top Places to Visit:
• Great Barrier Reef — The Indo-Pacific Humpback Dolphin, Dwarf Minke Whale, Flatback Turtle, Olive Ridley Turtle and Salt Water Crocodile are some of the species found here.
• Sydney Harbor is a natural harbor and it provides the backdrop for the breathtaking Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbor Bridge
• The ‘Natural State’ Tasmania has an endearing air to it, all thanks to its as yet unspoiled natural beauty. The ‘Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race’, the ‘Road rally in Tasmania’ and a host of music events make it a popular destination
• The rugged terrain of Kimberley in Western Australia is sure to have you perplexed. The cruise around this region is splendid as it offers views of waterfalls, red cliffs, rivers and some rainforest as well. King George Falls and Mitchell Falls have some of the most breathtaking views. This region also houses some major art centers.
• In the Snowy Mountains there is the Mount Kosciuszko which can be explored either by foot or by ski if you are going in winter. There are guided tours for different age groups and depending on how fit you are, you could opt for any of these hikes.
• As befits a location famous for its fine alcohol, the lovely grape-growing valley of Barossa is proud of its industry. It is located less than fifty kilometers northeast of Adelaide and offers everything you’d expect from a famous wine region in Australia.
• The highlight of a visit in the middle of the Australian desert is doubtlessly a visit of Uluru (or Ayers Rock). It is the world’s largest monolith, made of sand stone which changes color in the course of the day from light brown to deep red. It is especially beautiful at sunset and sunrise. Uluru is also called “The Heart of Australia”, and is one of Australia’s most famous symbols. The giant rock is of supreme importance to the Aborigines, who have marked its holiness by many rock drawings for ten thousand years.
• The Great Ocean Road, one hour drive east of Melbourne, runs along the southern coast of Australia and is one of the most beautiful driving roads on earth. The road was built in 1930 in memory of soldiers who fell in WWI; it passes by magnificent cliffs and lonely beaches. Main attractions include the resort towns of Loren, Apollo Bay, and picturesque Port Fairy