Top Things To Do:
• Amazing Natural Landscapes — New Zealand has mind-blowing glaciers like Franz Josef that you can land on in a helicopter, before walking over them.
• Home of the Fergburger — Never heard of it? You can’t go to New Zealand without trying one. It’s a rite of passage almost. Some say it’s the best burger in the world.
• It’s Home to the Hobbit – and Lord of the Rings, of course. It’s a movie phenomenon that brought the beauty of New Zealand to the masses. The setting is part of what made the films so epic! See the movie scenes for yourself and pay a visit to Hobbiton.
• It’s made for road trippin’ – Compared to Australia, New Zealand really isn’t that big – you could comfortably explore both islands in a month. The population is only 4 million people, so you’ll often have long stretches of road to yourself. Hire a campervan and set off on your four-wheel adventure.
• The Kiwi People — Kiwis are incredibly proud of their Maori heritage. The language, culture and traditions are still a massive part of modern New Zealand. On top of that, Kiwis are some of the friendliest and most welcoming people you’ll meet.
• Spot Dolphins & Whales – No part of the country is more than 128km from the sea, so it’s the perfect place to spot dolphins, whales and other great wildlife. You can swim with wild dolphins in the Bay of Islands or Tauranga in the North Island, or at Kaikoura in the South.
• New Zealand is the proud owner of the longest place name in any English speaking country: ‘Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu’. It’s Maori, and roughly translates as “The summit where Tamatea, the man with the big knees, the climber of mountains, the land-swallower who travelled about, played his nose flute to his loved one”.